The word Griva refers to neck and Vasthy stands for retaining something inside. It is an Ayurvedic neck care and basically a hot oil therapy. Griva vasthy is retaining medicated oil in the neck region. The procedure does oleation and sudation around the neck region simultaneously. Due to present day lifestyle which involves continued and glued sitting position and lack of body movements the problems of the spine, muscles and skeletal tissues of neck and shoulder arise. Griva vasthy addresses these issues effectively.
The dough is prepared out of black gram flour or whole wheat flour. It is then made into a small ring of four to five inches in diameter which is placed over the neck to cover all the vertebrae of the neck and 2-3 vertebrae of the thoracic region. Medicated oil is slowly poured into the cavity. When this cools down it is squeezed out and replaced with warm oil. At the end of the procedure the dough is removed; a gentle massage is given over the area. The person is made to take rest for a while.
- Relieves the burden of stress and congestion in nerves, bones and muscles of neck and shoulders.
- Improves the flexibility and brings smooth movement.
- Improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region.
- Cervical spondylosis, cervical disc lesion, slip disc.
- Tingling, numbness of the hands.
- Compression fractures.
- Chronic pain in neck region.
- Frozen shoulder.
Duration: 30 minutes