The word ‘Mukham’ in Malayalam means ‘face’ and the term ‘lepa, lepana or lepanam’ is used to indicate an ‘application of a paste’. Mukhlepanam is a simple yet effective skin care treatment in Ayurveda, which is done using herbal powder and fresh cream. This therapy also includes the process of giving the person a facial massage using herbal beauty oil and cream.
This is actually a very simple skin protection therapy in which the face is massaged with herbal beauty oils or with natural herbal creams. Usually in Mukhlepam, after the herbal face pack is applied on the face, it is treated with steam. The herbal pack mainly contains freshly made facial pastes and this is washed after 35 to 45 minutes.
- Prevents ageing of the skin.
- Reduces skin wrinkles and tones the skin.
- Alleviates the problems associated with skin injuries.
- Reduces swelling and pain.
- Pacifies pigmentation.
- Decreases discoloration of facial skin.
Duration: 45-60 minutes