Udwarthanam is special therapeutic deep tissue massage using herbal powders. Udwarthanam means to elevate or to promote. This massage involves upward stroking, where the powder is rubbed forcibly on the body. Classical treatises on Ayurveda explain this procedure as a daily routine.
The herbal powder is used for massage. The massage is done in the opposite direction to hair follicles with gentle pressure. Procedure is followed by an herbal steam bath.
- Pacifies the aggravated Kapha Dosha.
- Reduces the excess fat accumulated in the subcutaneous tissues.
- Softens and exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving a lustrous glow to skin.
- Detoxification, purification, toning the skin.
- Eliminates bad body odor.
- Improves mobility of joints.
- Strengthens and tones up the muscles.
- Refreshes and rejuvenates the body.
- Takes care of conditions due to improper blood supply.
- Improves the circulation; opens up the body channels (Srotas) increasing the basal metabolic rate.
- Tones up the skin and muscles after the child birth.
- Removes cellulite and helps in weight reduction.
- Improves the sense of touch.
- Makes the body and mind alert; gives a sense of lightness of the body.
- Reduces the blood cholesterol.
Duration: 45-60 minutes